Agreement and Disclosures
This Internet Banking Agreement and Disclosure ("the Agreement") explains the terms and conditions governing the basic Internet banking services and bill pay services offered by The First National Bank of Mifflintown ("the Bank"). All Internet banking services of any kind whatsoever offered or afforded by the Bank (including, but not limited to funds transfers and bill pay services) will be referred to collectively as "Internet Banking Services" in the Agreement. By using any of the Internet Banking Services, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and authorize the Bank to use any of your accounts to execute and settle transactions and/or fees initiated by you using the Internet Banking Services.
All Internet Banking Services are governed by this Agreement, all applicable federal regulatory disclosures, and the Deposit Account Terms and Conditions. All applicable fee schedules published by the Bank from time to time will apply to the Internet Banking Services.
Your initial use of any Internet Banking Services in connection with your account at the Bank constitutes your acceptance and agreement to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and of the Deposit Account Terms and Conditions. Such initial use acknowledges your receipt and understanding of this Agreement and Deposit Account Terms and Conditions.
For the purpose of this agreement, our business days shall be Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Transfers initiated through Internet Banking after 3:00 pm will be processed the following business day.
Disclosure of Charges
The Bank does not usually assess a transaction charge to any EFT transfer, however, all accounts are subject to the Bank's normal service charge schedule. Please refer to the Fee Schedule for current charges.
Record of Transactions
You will receive a monthly account statement showing all electronic deposits and withdrawals, or other transfers occurring during the statement cycle, unless there are no transfers in a particular month. In any case, you will receive a statement at least quarterly.
Internet Banking Services
If you enroll in our Internet Banking Service, you will be assigned a temporary access ID and password, both of which you are required to change upon initial access. Your initial use of any Internet Banking Service in connection with your account at the Bank constitutes your receipt, acceptance and agreement to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and of the Deposit Account Terms and Conditions. You may use this Service to do the following:
- Verify balances of all accounts for which you are an owner or a signer
- View current and previous account activity
- Transfer funds between accounts for which you are an owner or a signer
- Retrieve Check Images (front and back)
- Retrieve Copies of Past Statements
- Gain access to the Bill Pay Service
The Bank is entitled to act upon instructions received through any Internet Banking Service under your password and without inquiring into the identity of the person using that password. However, you agree that you will not, under any circumstances, disclose your password by telephone or any other means to any person. You acknowledge that no person from the Bank will ever ask for your password, that Bank employees do not need and should not ask for your password. You agree never to provide your password to anyone, including anyone claiming to represent the Bank. You are liable for all transactions made or authorized using your password. The Bank has no responsibility for establishing the identity of any person or determining the validity of any transaction.
You agree that if you give your password to anyone or fail to safeguard its secrecy, you do so at your own risk since anyone with your password will have access to your accounts. You agree to notify the Bank immediately in the event your password is lost or stolen or is otherwise compromised. At any time, you may ask the Bank to disable your password. For joint accounts, each person may have a separate password, or each may use a joint password. Each person on a joint account will be liable for all transactions that are made on that account. Each person on a joint account authorizes all transactions made by any other person on the account. Each person on a joint account agrees to be liable for the actions of the other person(s) on the account.
You hereby indemnify and release the Bank from any and all liability and agree not to make any claim against the Bank or bring any action against the Bank for honoring or allowing any actions or transactions where you have authorized the person performing the action or transaction to use your account or when you have provided your password to that person. You agree to reimburse the Bank, for any losses it suffers or any damages, injuries, costs or expenses it incurs (including attorney's fees) as a result of the Bank's honoring or allowing transactions on the account where the password was used.
Stop Payment Requests
The Bank’s ability to process a stop payment request on items being initiated through bill payment will depend on the payment method and whether or not a check has cleared. The Bank may also not have a reasonable opportunity to act on any stop payment request after a payment has been processed. If you desire to stop any payment that has already been processed, you must contact Customer Service. Although the Bank will make every effort to accommodate your request, the Bank will have no liability for failing to do so. The Bank may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each stop payment request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
Limitations on Frequency and Dollar Amount of Transactions
Number of transactions per month - Value Money Market and Statement Savings accounts are limited to six (6) transfers of funds per month. The Depositor understands that if the permitted six (6) are exceeded, this agreement may be terminated.
Dollar Amount of Transfers - The dollar amount of transfers is limited to the available memo balance, (see Funds Availability Statement) in the customer's account. The Funds Availability Statement was provided to you at the opening of the account. A copy is available upon request.
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers
Call us at 717-436-2144 or write us at, The First National Bank of Mifflintown, Attn: EFT Department, PO Box 96, Mifflintown, PA 17059, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we have sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error and why you need further information
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or questions in writing within ten (10) business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct the error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within ten (10) business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete the investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or questions in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) days, we may not re-credit your account. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Customer Liability for Unauthorized Transfers
Tell us at once if you believe an unauthorized transfer has occurred, or may occur, by contacting us at: The First National Bank of Mifflintown, Attn: EFT Department, PO Box 96, Mifflintown, PA 17059; or call us at 717-436-2144.
- If you notify the bank within two (2) business days after learning of the loss or theft of your access device (access ID and/or password), your liability will be limited to the lesser of $50.00 or the amount of unauthorized transfers that occurred before you notified us.
- If you fail to notify the bank within two (2) business days after learning of the loss or theft of the access device, your liability shall not exceed the lesser of $500 or the sum of (1) $50 or the amount of unauthorized transfers that occurred within the two (2) business days, whichever is less; and (2) the amount of the unauthorized transfers that occurred after the close of two (2) business days and before notice to the bank.
- If you fail to report an unauthorized electronic funds transfer that appears on a periodic statement, your liability shall not exceed the amount of the unauthorized transfer that occurred after the 60 days and before notice to the bank. If an access devise was involved, you may be liable for additional amounts listed above.
- If a good reason, such as a long trip or hospital stay, kept you from calling us, we will extend the time periods.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing the transfer, or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant, or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders, or
- If you give us your written permission, or
- On receipt of certification from a federal agency or department that a request for information is in compliance with the Right to Financial Privacy Act of 1978
The limitations of liability set forth in this Agreement are subject to, and limited by any state or federal law to the contrary.
The Bank has the right to modify or terminate this Agreement or the Deposit Account Terms and Conditions at any time. When making changes, the Bank will comply with all legal notice requirements. Once this Agreement is terminated, the Bank will not allow any additional transactions on the account, nor will additional Internet Banking Services be permitted. If this Agreement is modified, your continued use of the Account will represent your acceptance of the changes.